Tuesday 15 March 2016

Well, what did we do today?  For a start we painted the second coat of topcoat – and as  usual the second coat is a whole lot more difficult to apply than the first coat, because you are painting shiny white on top of shiny white.  First of all Ian had to replace the masking tape at the join between the hull paint and the anti-fouling


Again, my job was Quality Control, but it turned out that my quality control yesterday was not up to scratch because we discovered some runs in the paint that should not have been there.   
But it’s not all a one way street – at one stage I spent ages trying to work out why there were longitudinal marks on the hull that would not paint out, then realised they were the reflection of the radiator on the wall alongside the boat.  So we do have a decent shine!

We finally finished the last coat of white paint at 3 o clock.  And then had lunch – it was a long morning.

Then I went off to buy some food to eat tonight (this morning it was bright, sunny and calm, by the time I took off on my bike it was totally overcast, looking like rain, windy and cold.)  But it is Ann’s birthday tomorrow so I had to get her a present too – a bottle of wine and bunch of roses.   What more could a girl want!

No comments:

Post a Comment