Saturday 12 March 2016

Waiting for paint to dry!  We finished painting quite late last night and today the primer was not yet hard enough to sand.  Ian spent most of the day working in the engine room

I spent part of the day cleaning the dirty tar dust marks off the deck – at last.  This is a job I have been trying to get to for days but there was always something more pressing to do.  So here we have it: “Before”

and  “After”

A lot cleaner, don’t you think?  Actually the Before photo looked a lot more impressive in real life.   The dust had left a brown stain on the old paint work, not the new paint we put on the coach roof last year, so there was a not a huge amount to do.  I must admit it was very rewarding watching the brown dirt come off, even if it did require a bit of hard scrubbing. 

This afternoon I went in search of a new toilet seat because the hinges on our existing one broke a few days ago.   Of course I couldn’t find a small boat size seat so had to settle for a normal size toilet seat.  I bought the cheapest (€8.00), Ian hated it, so we went back to exchange it for another (€20).  Much nicer of course but I thought we supposed to be watching the pennies!   

No comments:

Post a Comment