Tuesday 22 March 2016

I didn’t take any photos today, I apologise in advance!
It did get rather cold last night.  Nowhere near freezing but quite a shock to the system after the central heating we had become accustomed to!  We have a tiny caravan heater (600 watts) which proves to be more economical than the diesel heater in the boat.  With that going the temp outside was 4C and inside was a balmy 17C.  Happy with that.
This morning I woke up at 6.30, more or less my normal waking time. It was already light but I decided I really didn’t need to get up at 6.30 so stayed snug and warm till 7.30.  It was 4.5C inside when I got up, which was better than I expected, but getting out of warm pjs and into day clothes was like climbing into a bag of frozen peas.
Ian had a long list with 17 items to get through today.  Lots of small niggly little things, like sticking non-slip strips onto the companion way steps, and I think he made it through the whole list before it got dark. 
My day started with sopping up the condensation on the windows, then cleaning the coach roof (which had attracted a surprising amount of dust and dirt in the one night it was out of the shed), then polishing the stainless steel railing, some shopping (2 trips), a cycle ride to Buitenbeentje to say hello, and many phone calls during the day to our boat insurance company.  The premium was due on 1st March and I have been on to them since mid Feb for an invoice to pay the premium for the next year.   Now it has got to the stage where we want to cross the border into France (terrorism attacks permitting!) but we didn’t have a valid insurance certificate.  Ooff, it was a bit of a mission but by the end of the day,  5 phone calls and 2 emails,I finally got a pdf of the invoice, paid it and received a pdf of the insurance certificate valid till March 2017.  Hoorray!

No Barbie tonight – it was rather a chilly experience last night!  Instead I am going to put a load of washing into the laundry here.  And make dinner of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment