Thursday 23 April 2015

Schoten

Woke up to a misty grey day.
 It was pretty cold and felt wintry until the sun came out in the afternoon.

I was amused at the differing apparel on the youngsters riding past.  Some thought summer had come and were wearing shorts even though it was only 6C.  Others, less hardy and more sensible, were wrapped up in woolly hats, gloves and jackets.
I went off on the bike to do some shopping.  Our wine supplies are running low and at Aldi you can a 3 litre box of South African rosé wine for €6.99.  And it's even quite palatable.  So in my panniers I managed to get a box of the rosé for me and a slightly more expensive box of red for Ian, plus some vegetables and a small carton of cream.
Then I did a second trip to get 2 more boxes of wine (one of each) , more veggies and some meat.
Curry for dinner - pork vindaloo - which needed to marinade for a few hours.  While making up the marinade mix, with the curry spices I brought from home, I caught sight of this family out for a walk

Later Ian and I were amazed at this huge barge coming through the bridge with just inches to spare! 

Shaun and Lynn came round in the evening for Irish coffees (that is what the cream was for).


The curry was absolutely delish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment