Saturday 14 April 2018

Saint Quentin, 13th April


We have decided to spend a couple more days here.  We’ll watch F1 Qualifying tomorrow and the race early on Sunday morning before moving on.  This is a free marina with free electricity (but no water this year unfortunately; we got water here last year) so we can do some chores but mostly we want to stop for a couple of day because my knee has swollen dramatically (arthritis) and a couple of days of keeping my leg raised will help a lot.
I took a walk to the bakery, though.  It is an artisan bakery with delicious bread and pastries! (A croissante amande and an apricotine today).  
In the afternoon I tackled the barbecue.  It has not been cleaned since we have been here and it has seen a lot of use in the last 3 weeks.  It is my least favourite job and took an hour and a half.  Ian took a walk to the town centre, which is not that close, about a 40 minute walk I think, too far for my swollen knee.  Drat, it is an historic town with an interesting looking cathedral. 

No comments:

Post a Comment