Tuesday 5 May 2015

Kortrijk

Unexciting day to day, shopping for a radiator hose, to keep as a spare in case we have the same problem again, shopping for food (both by bike), and laundry, one load by hand (that had been soaking overnight) then 2 trips to the laundry.  First to do a load of jeans and jackets which I refuse to do by hand, second to do bedding because the laundry was cheap - only €5.20 to wash and dry.  I was going to do the second load tomorrow but suddenly decided I would rather get it over and done with today.  While the wash was in the machines I walked around the town.  The old town is charming and now for pedestrians only.  There is a lot of restoration being done - and I didn't have my camera!
A got a few photos earlier:
View across the town square

The town hall

The belfry

Top of the belfry

While I was doing that Ian took a ride on his bike to the next yacht marina up the river in Menen (or Halluin as it's called in France).  He reports that it looks very nice, this is one of the marinas we had listed as a possible place to leave the boat in summer. So we'll head there tomorrow.
We had a chicken sausage barbecue, and Irish coffees afterwards.
Getting the last of the cream out of the bowl


But it didn't make it into the glass

No comments:

Post a Comment