Monday 23 March 2015

Shopping for groceries

It was cold this morning, only 5C inside the boat at 8.00 but there was almost no wind.  We got all togged up in winter woollies and headed off the supermarkets.  Started at Lidl where we found the bulk of store cupboard necessities, and what we didn't find there we got at Dirks, right next door.  Ian left me to do the shopping while he went off to find a spare fan belt and oil filter for the engine.  Back home I set about working out what to put where, and changing my mind a couple of times, and Ian got stuck into changing the oil in the engine.
In the afternoon I replaced the curtains in the galley and dinette.  After that I decided it was time to get some laundry done so I came up to the office, paid €5.00, got the key to the laundry room in exchange and loaded 4 days worth of clothing plus some boat stuff into the washing machine.  Right now I am sitting in the laundry room, where it is lovely and warm, watching it all go round and round in the dryer.

Dinner tonight?  Well, I'm not sure.  With fully stocked food lockers I am spoil for choice, but I think perhaps nasi goreng.

Some photos from yesterday:

Chaos!  Trying to find place to put everything

Preparing our first meal on board - bean and bacon soup.

Ian flummoxed by the elecrrics!  Trying to get the fresh water pump to work.

Cleaning fenders

No comments:

Post a Comment