Thursday 4 June 2015

Diksmuide

Back in Diksmjide again, at the mooring in the shadow of the Ijzertoren, the 84m high monument which houses a museum.  This is the place where we can hear "bombs" exploding in the grounds of the museum.   A mostly uneventful day, I bought some groceries, Ian sanded the coach roof and gave it another coat of paint, then we went to a big hardware store called Delva.  Mainly we went to buy anti-freeze for the engine but came home with: anti-freeze, engine oil, a hook to hang the life vests on (instead of lying on the floor behind the steps), 2 paint trays, a flame diffuser for the stove (which I use as a toaster), and finally a decent pair of gloves and hat for me.  Now that we are just days away from leaving and the weather has warmed up!  Believe it or not, I never had decent gloves, I had a pair from a hardware store, rubberised on the palm side and stretchy knit fabric on the back, no insulation at all.  I had a knitted beanie hat which was warm but the wind blew right through it.  I have no idea why it has taken till now for me get good ones, and I wasn't even intending to get new ones, I just saw these and thought "that might be a good idea"!

And that's all we did all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment